Friday, August 26, 2011

Re-start the Countdown!

Hi friends!
The news I have for you today is so exciting! I have been feeling lately that I should go ahead and step out in faith and purchase our plane tickets, or at least pick a new goal date to leave for Kona. Well a couple days ago I received a call from Kris (who works at the Learning Center in Kona) saying that after praying, she felt I was supposed to step out in faith about something. It was a great confirmation for me that I should buy our tickets. Then I received another call from Kris saying that there was a person willing to give me their air miles to come over....but I would have to leave in two weeks!
I felt very thankful and excited, but also overwhelmed at the same time. I began praying right away. It's always the best thing to do when you feel overwhelmed.
I felt like God was urging me to trust Him more and to believe that He IS going to provide for us. I definitely felt that we should be more proactive in pursuing Him and His will, instead of just waiting. Although, I know we were supposed to be in a time of waiting, I felt like God was saying, that time is over...and it is now a time to pursue!
It was such a hard decision to make about whether to accept the air miles or to buy our own tickets. In the end, I didn't feel a peace about flying out in two weeks.
However, I have picked a leave date and will be purchasing the tickets for October 12th!

I am so excited, and I know that by making this commitment, it will provide room for God to show up and get all the glory! I know He wants to bless us!

We are still at 53% of our goal. It is also definite that I will be having a fundraising concert here in Asheville at "Creatures Cafe" on October 7th. Please come out if you are here!
And pray for us!
Love you all!

3 comments:

Emily said...

hooray! enjoy the last month and a half, and keep making decisions to grow in faith!

Anonymous said...

Brooke, Your faith and sensitivity to the Lord's leading reminds me that God's timing has nothing to do with mine or anyone else's inability to support you more financially due to whatever economic circumstances we all find ourselves in. In short, God's pockets aren't dependent on the state of our economy. Rather, He seems to be much more interested in our willingness to discipline ourselves, listen, and be obedient. So if anyone is reading this and needs to skip a trip to PCJ or The Fuzzy Peach in order to donate $5 to Brookie you better do it!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm starting your new "Skip a Trip" fundraising campaign!