Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Satan doesn't make it easy for us to obey God's voice!




This past Saturday I literally felt Satan trying to suffocate my faith and hope and vision of going to Kona. All of a sudden I felt so discouraged, I could hardly breath! I began thinking that God was NOT going to fulfill His promise, and maybe I wasn't going to make it to Hawaii after all. You see, this trip is not just a pipe dream to me. Yes, whenever I tell people that I am moving to Hawaii....they laugh and say "Oh, you have it sooo bad!" But to me, this trip represents not only the beginning of the ministry that Papa wants to do through me, but also a revolution on the education front. In an email I received from the teachers that are currently in Kona this week, they said " Keep the Global mind frame, it is not about just serving a need here, but we need to walk the calling out of each teacher.
"The Learning Center" is not just another private school. We will be recreating how we teach children, and researching the best ideas, challenging the oldest philosophies, and devoting our lives to the children who will soon be carrying us!
I am so passionate about this school, and my calling there. I hope that those of you who are passionate about education will rise up with me.
Okay....back to last Saturday....before I uttered a single word of how I was feeling, two different friends from my Discipleship Training school texted me encouraging words. The next night, God sent me a huge message. I received an email from someone in Kona, whom I don't know at all, saying that they wanted to give me a gift of 500 dollars! It was as if God was screaming to me "Of course you belong in Kona, and I'm going to get you there! Through strangers and ways that I alone know! Hang on!"
It was so very encouraging, and I will admit that I have always wanted to be blessed by someone I don't know. It is such a powerful way for God to show His glory, and remind us that He knows all, and is bigger than the world we can only see.
When I was so discouraged, my sister said..."of course Satan isn't going to make it easy for you to get to Kona!" He is always trying to discourage us, destroy us, and take what belongs to Papa God. BUT, God is bigger and way more powerful!
Love you all!
I also have a new fundraising website up!
http://www.gofundme.com/75llw




No comments: