Sunday, January 2, 2011

The End of Christmas...The Beginning of A New Year...

Hi friends! I sure hope you had a wonderful Christmas!  Ours was great, and busy with packing for Brazil.  On the 26th, I left my parents and Ava to go on our team's "Stateside Outreach" week.  We went to Kansas City to volunteer at IHOP's (International House Of Prayer) "One Thing" Conference.  God brought me there safely through the 8 inches of snow we had, and rejoined my Brazil Team.  The conference held over 25,000 people, and our team volunteered in the main conference room as ushers, prayed for people in the healing room, and some of the guys even acted as parking attendants.  It was a very blessed event. 

However, after talking to my team leaders, it looked as though it would be too late to get Ava's Visa for Brazil.  I also have not been able to raise the money for her plane ticket.  So, after two days of unrest and prayer, about whether Ava should still go with me to Brazil... I decided not to take her.  It was a very challenging time for me.  I really wanted her to go, and had to finally surrender my own desires, and trust God to take care of her even if she didn't go to Brazil with me.  I woke up after the second day and had an incredible peace that I have never felt.  I knew she was supposed to stay here, and my YWAM leader and my parents confirmed it. 

So...Ava will be staying here with my parents while I go on outreach.  Today, a lady from my parents' church agreed to keep her during the day...while my parents are at work.  It is definitely going to be hard being away from her, and we will both miss each other.  However, I have to trust my Lord to comfort both of us.  There will be many other missions trips for her to go on with me in the future.

I am still praying that she might be able to visit Brazil, with my sister, while I am there.  So, please be praying that if that is Gods will, the money for them to come visit will come in.  We still need your support and prayers!  I also ask that you prayerfully consider supporting us financially on a monthly basis.  I know God has called Ava and I into missions in some way.  We are still praying about the YWAM school in Hawaii.  I only ask that you seek God's Kingdom first, and His will, and His love for you!

Love and Blessings,
Brooke and Ava

No comments: