Friday, December 24, 2010

The End of Lecture Phase...The Beginning of Christmas!

Well, we made it back to the marvelous mountains of North Carolina!  We arrived Saturday night, and have been busy baking, watching Christmas movies, going to my parents' church, getting my hair cut in Greensboro...and best of all...we went on the Polar Express Train! (It is a real, hour long train ride in Bryson City, NC) It was such a nice treat...Ava had a blast!  We drank Hot Chocolate, ate cookies, sang songs, and even Santa was there!  (Ava still believes in him despite my attempts to convince her otherwise.)

So we are having a really nice mini vacation!  I will head back up to TN this Sunday, and Ava will be staying here with my parents for a week.  (By the way, the post office called the other day and said they FOUND Ava's PASSPORT!  Haha! I really felt God saying to me that He would find it....I just didn't know when.  All the worrying I did was pointless!  (Does that sound familiar to you?)  From now on I want to try hard not to worry when our circumstances seem hopeless...and just trust my papa that He will work it out for good.  God has proven Himself trustworthy so many times to me, yet I still have a hard time trusting Him with every little area of my life. 

This lost passport event really helped me see how much Jesus is taking care of me and Ava.  So, I am going to choose to trust Him for the money we still need for Brazil as well.  I know He wants us to go on this trip...so I know He is going to cause the money to come in for us!  Please be praying about how our papa can use you to help bring His Kingdom to earth....and how he can use you in His marvelous plan for the people in Brazil....and everywhere!  Jesus is so passionate about us!  Even when we are so busy with this life that we think is so important....He is patiently waiting at your side for you to glance at Him, or whisper to Him, or say "I can't do this! You take over!"

I love you all so much...but Jesus is desperate for yo to spend time with Him!  I encourage you to do that tomorrow morning....take a break from presents and just BE with him!

Okay....back to what I was talking about....Ava is staying with my parents while I go on our "Stateside" outreach.  From December 27 to January 1 our Brazil team will be going to Kansas City to help at IHOP (International House of Prayer) with the "One Thing" conference they are hosting.  Then my parents will bring Ava to TN and we will fly out for Brazil on January 6th!

I am so excited!  Oh, I forgot to mention that I, along with my friend Dan, will be leading worship for our team and the churches we visit there!  HA!  Isn't that awesome!  I have been practicing guitar diligently, and now God is going to use me in worship! I love it!

Please keep praying for us.  We need about 3,000 dollars for the trip.  I still need to pack ALL of our things in one tiny camping back pack.  And we need Grace and Safety while we are there. 
If God asks you to give to us, you can mail your tax deductible donation to:
Brooke Elliott
YWAM Nashville
PO Box 78219
Nashville TN 37207

Love and Blessings,
Brooke and Ava

No comments: