Saturday, January 22, 2011

Brazil Day 12

Hi faithful followers!  Thank you for waiting this long to hear from me!  It has been a wild ride!  The first week I could not get to a computer at all!  The areas we have been staying in are very poor, and wet!  We are hear smack in the middle of monsoon season!  The first base we went to was already crowded with another YWAM team from Kona, Hawaii.  They were incredible people though, and I got to hear a lot about the base that I will hopefully soon be teaching at.  We stayed there a few days, then we were shipped off to another sister base of theirs out in the country surrounding Sao Paulo. The mother and daughter team were so gracious and hospitable...and the most amazing Brazilian cooks!  We were ONLY eating rice and beans up until that point!  We stayed there for a few days helping with their childrens ministry.  They have a soccer team and a circus troop! We watched as the kids performed for us on long silk ropes (I will add pics later).  It was an incredible time, but rained heavily everyday.  The roads were steep red muddy mess, and needless to say, it was difficult to get out of there when the time came!  Our next location, which we are currently at, is our translators house.  Only she isnt just our translator anymore...she is a great friend.  She has just completed her second school in YWAM, and was on her way to staff a school in South Africa....when God changed her plans.  So she is staying here for a few days to host us, and take care of us!  God is truly taking care of us.  I am constantly seeking out His Kingdom, and looking for ways to minister to His people here.  I have picked up the Portugese language very quickly, and can even ask random strangers on the bus and subways if I can pray for them....which I do often!  I am learning so much about God and His love for people here.  I will write more soon and hopefully upload pictures....there are some on my facebook though!
I love you all!
Please keep praying for me!

No comments: