Saturday, July 28, 2012

Life on the Mainland! (I'm singing this title to the tune of "Life in the Fast Lane"!)





It's been two months since my last post.....yes, I am still alive.  Barely.  You won't find me lying on the relaxing beaches of Kona, Hawaii with all the time in the world in my hands though.  These past two months I have literally been living in the Fast Lane....in the car.....literally.  All we do here is drive!  I am still a little but in culture shock of the Mainland pace.  Hawaii definitely fits my slow pace personality much more.

So my visit here has been a whirlwind of fun, family, Disney World, Asheville, Myrtle Beach, Raleigh, Fayettville, Greensboro, Wilmington....friends, concerts, church, IKEA, Whole Foods, Malls, Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten Free food, more friends....and everything else that we miss in Kona.

Before I came, I felt God telling me to trust Him in everything, and to follow His voice.  That He would direct my steps.  There certainly has been a lot of steps...but I know that God has been setting up encounters with people that have brought Glory to Him.  It has been such a blessing to see so many of my friends and family during this trip.

There have been times where I begin to plan without God....and begin to get stressed about financial support and time....this was actually most recently.....but God gently reminds me that He knows the best plan, and that I should seek His voice to know it too.  My Papa God has also put an incredible sister in my life to bring clarity and revelation to me at the perfect times.

I have realized on this trip that I need to be intentional about cultivating and nurturing the relationships I have in my life.  I have realized that I need people who are not only supporting me financially, but in every aspect of my life....and Ava's life.  I have realized that these people who are praying for me, and invested daily in my life are so much more valuable to me than I have known.

So I have been spending my time here building up what I am now calling my "Family Support Team".  There is no financial obligation to be on this team.  It is a support team that will be in constant prayer with us, and know the daily details of our lives.  We will also be invested in the lives of the people on this team as well.  

It has been an enlightening way for me to think about what a "support team" really is.  I do believe we should be giving and generous and help each other when we have needs....but I also strongly believe that it doesn't end there.  We should be willing to give our time as well as our money.  We should be willing to engage in conversation....not just give someone the coat off your back.  We should be willing to speak truth in each others' lives, stay on the phone when someone needs encouragement, actually pray for someone when we say "I'll pray for you".  I am learning that being supported by my family in the Kingdom of God is not just about being able to pay my bills.....but about having someone to challenge me to get out of debt!  

As my trip here on the Mainland is coming to an end, I want to ask all of you to be in prayer for me....that I would continue to be open to God's direction of how to spend this time here, that my Family Support Team would grow, and that I would be able to trust God with every detail of my life.  



I also will be praying for you....that you would seek out those people in your life who bring joy and wisdom to you, and cultivate those relationships.   Maybe even reach out and begin new relationships that are meaningful, deep, and genuine.  Invest in each others' lives.  That is what Jesus did when He came here to our earth!  


No comments: