Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Kona Day 13


Well, I am going to try to catch you up on the amazing things that have already happened since I Ava and I have been here on the beautiful campus of University of the Nations in Kona, HI.

Last week Ava and I familiarized ourselves with the campus, and even walked into town a couple times. We took the shuttle bus to Walmart and Target with the rest of the ywamers who are without a vehicle, and had a blast hanging out at our pool.

We also have visited two different churches, and are still praying about where to attend. Please be in prayer with us.

Last Monday Ava started preschool! It was her very first day of school ever, and I think I was more nervous than she was. She had a wonderful first week, and her teacher said that she was the most cheerful and happy new student that she had ever seen. Ava is loving going to preschool, and has already made many friends. She even went to a birthday party for a girl in Kindergarten on Friday. (I chaperoned, and with 12 little girls in one YWAM room...it was a wild time!)

Last week I began observing my new classroom, and officially began teaching this past Monday. I have eight of the most respectful and loving children! Today is day two of teaching, and I am absolutely loving it! It is probably the most peaceful school I have ever taught at. I am going to tell you more about each individual child as time goes on. They are all so unique!

Also, on Sunday night we picked up Tia (Danielle) from the airport. I am so excited to have her here. She will be visiting for a month, and staying in our room for two weeks. She is such a big help to me, and it is so nice just to have her to talk to! Of course Ava was overjoyed to welcome her here!

Today after school we will be headed to the beach!

Thank you all for praying for us, and supporting us!
Talk to you soon!
Love and Blessings,
Brooke

No comments: