Saturday, October 29, 2011

Hi friends, I want to share this message with you all. It is written by someone at my church in Asheville....I have been missing that church a lot lately...
Everyday I ask God to humble me...and this message is very humbling....



Don't Be Surprised
by Marklar Klepac on Thursday, October 27, 2011 at 12:25pm

Right now I am in a place of handing over my expectations, my struggles, and my power to Christ. I am being forced to let go of my judgments and expectations of other people. I am being forced to start seeing people as people instead of projects. I am being forced to listen and learn from others instead of coming up with ways to convince people of the depth of my own wisdom (which I am finding to be quite shallow.) I am being forced to address the pride in my own heart before pointing my finger at others. I am being forced to rely on the power of the Holy Spirit instead of relying on my own limited strength.
I am being forced to do all of these things by the simple realization that I am not the Savior that the oppressed need.
I am not the answer to their prayers.
I am not able to save anyone from his or her sins.
I am not able to convict or bring anyone to repentance.
I am also, surprisingly enough, not the center of this universe.
The deep beauty and peace I find in this realization is that instead of all of these roles being filled by me, they are being filled by a much more capable and loving God.
I encourage anyone who has a heart for service or missions or loving people or whatever to be careful of how you view your service or mission.
Don't be surprised when you show up to a broken place and meet people who are closer to God than you are.
Don't be surprised when you learn more from people in need than you teach them.
Don't be surprised of what the Lord can do through you, but always remember it is by his power it is being done.

Don't be surprised of what God can do.

No comments: