Friday, June 24, 2011

What would you give to hear God's voice?

We are at 25% of our monthly goal!!!

We have been having a blast on our mini vacations. Today is the last day in Wilmington, then I am headed back to Asheville for church meetings and ballet lessons. Next weekend we will be back in Greensboro to see the "Meredith Girls" (yay!) and to clean out the storage unit (boo!). Then I think we will ride back down here to the beach for the Fourth with my sis. This is her favorite holiday, and she has made camping on the beach a tradition! Then we will be back in Asheville before one last hurrah at Dionne's Wedding in Ocean Isle!!! THEN, we will hopefully be on our way to Hawaii!
Wow, I have a booked schedule!
However, I let all that stress go Wednesday at the beach. It was a warm and slightly overcast day, and the waves were small yet powerful. I was sitting in a beach chair at the break line, and watching Ava out of the corner of my eye as she played with some random kids. As I was looking out at the vast, immense ocean, I decided to talk to God. :) It was such a peaceful feeling and so refreshing to have all my focus be on my Papa and Love. He said to me very clearly that I am following Him to the right place, and that He has a rainbow for me at the end of the storm. (Ava always says "Mama, you know what makes the storm stop? A RAINBOW!")

It was such a powerful moment to me...that of course Satan had to try and ruin it!
Immediately afterward, we all went into the water. Pappy was holding Ava, and I accidentally wore my favorite and very expensive polarized sun glasses out. Pappy was promising Ava that no water would get in her face when a very very big wave came and crashed over us. Pappy and Ava went tumbling into the sea, as well as my favorite sun glasses. Of course I was upset, but soon after thought...It doesn't matter what I lost today, because I gained that beautiful conversation with my Papa!
(oh, and Ava was okay!)

No comments: