Sunday, September 26, 2010

From Black Mountain to Adams, TN (Nashville)

Hello friends!  I am writing to you from the YWAM "Big House", which consists of a dining hall, kitchen, small living room spaces, and some family apartments upstairs.  Ava and I are currently residing in a fairly small room with bunk beds.  However, we are both sleeping on the bottom bunk, due to the fact that I am scared to crawl up to the top of that rickity thing...let alone sleep there! We are told that we will soon (not sure how soon) be moving to a more spacious room with our own bathroom.  The Big House has the most amazing character, but not as amazing as the characters in it!  I have met some very cool people...who will probably only get cooler and cooler...until they are ice cold!  I say this because I haven't even been in a single lengthy conversation yet, but already I can see great potential in their coolness.  :) Ava has made friends too...there is a chunky blonde one year old boy, a tiny gorgeous brunette four month old girl, and a spunky 4 year old girl in mis-matched clothing (just like the kids in good old Greensboro).  I think she likes the spunky girl the best! 

There are so many exciting things that have already happened...and that I want to share with you...but we will be waking at 6 am, and so I feel I must say good night.  I love you all, and I am really glad to be here.  Tennesse is a great state, and I do want to add that on the way here we at Uncle Pete's restaurant/gas station which is home to over 4 thousand different coffee mugs which line the top of the walls.  The owners gave a very hospitable tour! 


 

No comments: