Saturday, September 11, 2010

A call from YWAM!

Hey everybody! We are finally home from our mountain vacation.  Ava and I had such a blast!  We took a scenic tour of Lake Lure on a pontoon boat, enjoyed the sun on the "beach" lakeside, spent a lot of time feeding goats at Queenie and Pappy's house, and even climbed Chimney Rock!  It was a quarter of a mile hike up tiny, wooden stairs...but Ava didn't complain once!  It was a really great adventure. 

On the way home a woman from YWAM called to say that she would be Ava's babysitter while we were in Nashville.  I will be taking morning classes, and Ava will get to play with her and her 4 month old baby girl!  Her name is Annie, and her daughter is named Zion.  Annie and her husband are on staff there.  I am so excited for Ava!  I know how much she loves babies, and Annie said there are a lot of other stay at home moms on the base that Ava will get to go on play dates with.  Annie was so sweet, and we both can't wait to meet her.

Today, I made our "business cards"  that tell who we are...missionaries for YWAM....and how to support us.  The cards are pink and super cute!  I will be handing them out tomorrow at church, after I give a tiny speech up front during announcements!  So please pray that I will say the right things, and pray that our church body will have ears to hear.  Also pray that God will send the right people from our church to financially support us.  We just heard that our pastor will be resigning from our church, so I know a lot of the members will be sad tomorrow...please pray for them and for the elders of Spring Garden. 

Thank you for all that praying you will be doing for me tonight! ;) I love you all!

 

1 comment:

Kaci Gadberry said...

Brooke!

I love you! And I am so proud of you.

I am SO excited that Annie is going to be who Ava gets to hang out with! Annie is amazing! I love her and her husband so much. They are really so so great. I'm so excited for you Brooke! I can't wait to hear all about your time in Nashville! yay! :]

Love youuu!