Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Plans

"For I know the plans that I have for you...plans to prosper you...plans to give you a hope and a future" Jeremiah 29:11

This past week I have been lost in thought about my next steps to take. I have been struggling to figure out what plans I should make. It is getting closer and closer to the beginning of school at the Learning Center in Hawaii, and I am still so far from my financial goal. Do I find a more permanent place to live here? Do I enroll Ava in a preschool here? Do I get a job teaching here??? I have been driving myself...and God...crazy! :)

However, the more I read the old testament, the more I know how faithful and trustworthy God is. His people are constantly questioning Him. They are constantly complaining about circumstances. All the while, He is constantly reminding them in huge ways, in an audible voice, and even in smoke signals that He is GOD! He is all powerful and all knowing and has a plan! The more I think about how many times He says that to the children in the old testament, the more I can hear him saying it to me. Trust me, Brooke. When no one else around you is trusting....Trust me. When you can't see the way....trust me. When it seems like your plans are ruined....trust me!

I have even been humbled to realize that even if I never get to Hawaii to teach....God is still incredibly awesome and good! And His plans are the best.

To top all this off that I have been learning....I watched the movie "Soul Surfer". (Don't watch it if you are a crier...like me...you'll be weeping!) God had such a great and wonderful plan for Bethany Hamilton...that He used a shark attack to get her to it! I am still crying at how humbling that is...God will use whatever He sees best to get us to His perfect plan...even if it means you loose an arm.
(Oh, and I was just kidding...if you haven't seen the movie, you HAVE GOT TO SEE IT!

I love you guys and gals!
Trust Papa with your plans!

No comments: