Thursday, May 19, 2011

8 Weeks left??

Hi friends! I hope you are all doing wonderfully! I miss you all so much!
Well, this week Ava and I are in Greensboro. I have been diligently cleaning out my storage unit, as Ava diligently tries to KEEP everything I am trying to get rid of! We are having a huge yard sale this Saturday, and I am just praying that I can get rid of all of my stuff! I feel like I own so much....that I never use...and so then why do I own it? However, I have been feeling nostalgic as I am sorting through Ava's old clothes, toys, and my school supplies. So, I have to keep a few things....and I definitely can't get rid of all my books. The yard sale will mostly be clothes and kitchen items, and toys....stop by if you need...er...want any of that!

Next Tuesday I have also planned a small dessert night, where I will be sharing my Brazil slideshow we made, and giving a little more information about what I will be doing in Hawaii. It will be a really nice chance just to chat with some of you, and to catch up before I leave. I am really looking forward to it...I only hope more of you can come. Right now I only have one RSVP...a very special one....but I want to see ALL of you! If you are in the Boro...please try to make it over. Tuesday, my sister's house, 7 pm...did I mention there will be dessert? ;)

My trust in my Papa has definitely been tested the past couple of weeks....no new monthly supporters. I know that God wants to bless me, and I know that He will get me where I need to be...but right now it doesn't seem like anything is happening...not to my small eyes anyway. So, please pray that I will be able to see with my Papa's eyes, and put my trust in Him.

Recently my contact in Hawaii, at the Learning Center, called me to encourage me about support raising, and see how she could pray for me. She also said that she didn't want me to stress about getting there at a certain date. She wants me to come when I have at least 80% of my monthly support...which will be about $900 a month. Right now I have pledged $100 a month. I have a ways to go...which is the reason for the question marks after the title '8 weeks'. It could be longer if I don't reach 80%...yikes!

Thank you greatly to all of you who have been praying for me...and thank you to all of you who have already supported me financially. I love all of you, and desperately need your encouragement right now!

Love and Blessings,
Brooke

No comments: