Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Skip to Day 9

One of my VI (Very Important) friends asked me to add onto my blog what I have been learning here at YWAM.  It was a very smart request.  So, here are some bullet points of truths that God has been revealing to me:
  • I must begin studying the Bible in more depth, so that I will know what God is saying, and what His character is really like...not just what I think His character is like.
  • I can always trust that what the Bible says is true, and that it is God speaking to me.
  • There are many verses that I have created a meaning for that is not the correct meaning!
  • I need to meditate on who God is, and how big and all-knowing, and creative He really is BEFORE I start praying meaningless words to Him.
  • I need to think about what God wants me to pray before I begin praying.
  • In the Bible, God doesn't talk about how majestic He is...He mostly talks about how creative He is...that He created us...that He is the father of Abraham...and of us!
  • The very first thing God did was create...He didn't speak audibly...He created.
  • The LEAST creative way for God to speak to us is audibly, but it is the most important way to us (for some reason).
  • God wants to speak to us by giving us romantic experiences!  What an idea!
  • So, we have actually been hearing God speak to us a lot more than we think!
  • If I truly love God, then I will love what He loves.  He loves people and the Nations.
  • God's name, "Yaweh" is actually pronounced without vowels....thus making it sound like a breathe in and a breathe out.  So every time we breathe in and out, we are saying God's holy name!






I pray that what I am learning creates insight and revelation to you all!

No comments: