Monday, August 23, 2010

The Package

This morning a package arrived.  It was a rectangular white package...and it was thick.  That meant something was inside!  I quickly looked at who it was addressed to first...ME!  Then I scanned the return address...YWAM Nashville! I tore into the package and pulled out a shiny new paperback book, and a stack of papers.  One of the papers was folded in half.  After seeing that the other papers were just arrival forms which I had received via email a couple days earlier, I carefully unfolded the creased paper.  It began: "Greetings from YWAM Nashville, as the leader of your school, I would like to introduce myself to you."  The letter went on to explain that our leader and his family (a 9 year old girl and a 6 year old boy) had been on staff since 1998, had spent four years in China, and were originally from England.  The letter was exciting and motivating, to say the least.  When I got home this afternoon, I began reading the enclosed book, "Is that really you, God?" by YWAM's founder Loren Cunningham.  I immediately read the first 6 chapters, and am already hooked!    

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love hearing about how excited you are for this sister! I know that God must already be thrilled with all He is planning for you!

Kaci Gadberry said...

Brooke! I am sooooo excited for you and Ava. I know that this is going to be an amazing, life-transforming time for the both of you. I'm so proud of you! I love you friend! :]